Sunday, February 13, 2011

Getting paid to have fun!

The second part of this day was more enjoyable than the first, although the first part was good to do too. Perhaps I should explain that a bit?



After lunch today, my dad, brothers and I went up on our storage-shed floor (the part that we built last fall) and pushed the foot of snow off of it. As it was very warm, the snow was melting and turning to water, so we also swept the water off! It felt so much like Spring!!!



Then, I returned to the house to resume the not-so-fun task of doing my loan paperwork once again. I am nearly finished, so am glad for that!



After I was numbered out, I baked a chocolate cake and prepared a bit of supper for the guys.



At a little before 6:00, I headed over to our neighbors' house to babysit 3 of their 4 children (these are different neighbors than the ones I usually babysit for) so the parents could go to a Sweetheart Supper in town. Tucker (7), Alexis (4) and Bryce (3) and I had fun getting to know each other better over a good meal of cheesy casserole and corn and then we played several games, one of them being the game I took over, "Ants in the Pants", which they seemed to really enjoy. When the parents and the baby got back home, the mother and I visited for quite a while and I got to hold little Brooklyn as well. :) I had a great time and it seems almost wrong to get paid for having so much fun! I get to babysit for our other neighbors again later this week, so I'm looking forward to that....



Well, I suppose I should try to settle down and get some sleep. It's still warm outside, but is very VERY windy, so Lady decided she wanted in the house tonight. (She's been sleeping outside with Millie the last few nights.)

Have a good night. ~

No comments: