Thursday, February 17, 2011

A surprise in the water.....

I'm not exactly sure what went on around the farm today, although I do know that one of the truck drivers who was coming to get a load of wheat wasn't going to be able to make it, and also that the trucker who was coming to get oats sometime in the future called this morning and said he was in Fargo and could come, so plans changed a bit.....

While the guys were out busily cleaning our grain, I made a double batch of ice cream; washed some laundry and dishes; made lunch; and got ready to go to work in town. I was on the schedule to work the 3:30 to 9:30 shift today, but then the ward-clerk from the NCC (Napoleon Care Center) called and asked if I could come do a whole PM shift, as one of the CNAs had to go to the hospital this morning. :( So, I went in earlier than I'd planned......

I did have a pleasant surprise today though! Around 10:00 this morning, I hauled the green garden hose outside so as to be able to fill the milk cow/calves water tank. I hooked the hose up to the water source, unrolled it across the driveway, and took it up over the snowbank to the water tank (a big rubber tire tank). As I got close to the tank, I saw something move in the water and looked closer to see----------several of my goldfish, still swimming around in the water! I did not think any of them could make it through the Winter, as we tried keeping fish in there once before and they all froze. So, I was glad to see that! They're a really bright orange color now and are quite large......

Other than that, I don't know what went on around here. Everyone else is sleeping already, and I'm going to join them shortly. :)

No comments: