Friday, August 13, 2010

It's been a loooong time....

......since I've done a mystery picture, so I thought I'd do one tonight. I hope you all still remember how to play! :)

This:



...was given to me by the evening nurse at the nursing home last night. It (the contents of the container) was something I was very happy to receive, and I used a little of "It" today. What do you think "It" is? Please leave me a comment with your guess(es)!

*Note* It's a clear container.


This next picture is of the bread dough I was mixing up a couple days ago. It was a good bread day, to be sure!

Today I baked and decorated a baby-shower cake for a Napoleon customer/friend. After frosting the cake with real-buttercream icing (meaning it contains real butter), I mixed up and rolled out a batch of Marshmallow Fondant and, Waa Laa (however you spell that):
It seems like it's been forever since I've done a cake, so it was fun to get back to it. Next weekend, I have another baby-shower cake to do--for certain friends of ours--so be looking for another cake picture in the not-so-distant future... :)

And now,

I'll leave you with a quote to ponder:

"The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cora...
This is tricky- molasses or dirty engine oil are the things that come to mind, but why would(one of) those be getting passed around?
This brings me to the conclusion that my guess is incorrect, but I like to try anyway!
Mikayla

Anonymous said...

Is it beet jelly? Sorry that we haven't talked in what seems like forever. Things have been crazy around here the last couple weeks. Glad to hear everyone is ok up there. Talk soon, Kylie

Andrew said...

How about charcoal?

Andrew

Kimberly said...

I have no idea what is in the container. But I love the cake.