Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Building a storage shed....

Wellllll,

I did get the pictures loaded on this post this morning, but that's as far as I got, as you may have noticed! See, after helping with morning chores, I helped Dad and Andrew clean out a grain bin. Then, I came in the house and mixed up a batch of bread and then made some of that into a pizza for our noon meal. Meanwhile, I baked a crumb cake for dessert. Then I did some laundry and by that time, it was time to eat, do some dishes, and get ready to go to work in town. And now I'm back again, with tired feet...

Anyway, the pictures I have to share are of the progress that's been made on the large storage shed we're building by our garden.

Getting every thing measured and cut correctly takes the longest...
We started on this building 3 years (I think) ago and just work on it as we have time...
...

As long as I was out taking pictures that day, I decided to get some of my growing chickies too... The 10 of them are all doing so well and have started their flying lessons now: (The box is for them to huddle in on cold nights...)

I also got a picture of one of my favorite flowers, Johnny Jump-Ups:

(Those flowers are right in front of the house here so we get to see them often!)
But, let's get back to the building... On Sunday, the guys built part of the middle wall for our shed.
"Bang, bang, bang..."
Mother took a break from picking tomatoes and digging potatoes to help lift up and hold onto the wall while Dad got it nailed and braced into place...

I was helping also--and Lady was too, of course...

"There! Now it's not going anywhere."


It will be so nice to have a shed to store things in!!! The guys plan to clean out their shop once the building's done so that they're able to get vehicles in the shop to work on them...
And that's what's new around here.
May God be with you 'til we meet again (and after that too!)

No comments: