Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pictures!!!

What fun... A couple days ago, Andrew got my mom's pictures (from her camera) loaded on the computer (we'd been having technical difficulties....) Mother has said before that she doesn't mind if I post the pictures she takes, so here is a long post of pictures from Mrs. B's camera. Some of them are pretty old news already, and they're in reverse order, but hopefully you'll enjoy them anyway.

These pictures are from last Friday, when we went up to Bismarck and moved Mother to her new, larger office across the hall from her old room.

Jacob peeking in the new room...
Mother unlocking her new office for the first time...

Andrew, starting to haul things from one room to the next...

Isn't that a spacious room? Mom's really excited about not being so cramped anymore...

Oh, and that's me--"Fixing" the hole in the ceiling. Kind of a silly picture, I know, but I wanted to post it so you can see I was helping too. :) (And I'm standing on a chair. I'm by no means that tall!)
Mother and Jacob, reassembling Mom's corner desk...

See? I told you she's happier to have more room!
Taking a break, after most of the work was done.
This is what the corner of the room (the waiting room part) looks like now, minus the water glasses and plus some larger chairs...
The current room divider... (The guys are working on building a portable sound-proof room divider now.)

The next 3 pictures are from Thanksgiving, when my mom's brother and his wife were at our house...
We had several of uncle Russell's childhood/young manhood souvenirs from when we went through Grandpa's house to get ready for his auction sale this last summer, so Russell had fun looking through those things------and trying some on:

Here's aunt LV, frying up some of her Filipino egg roll specialties...

The five following pictures were taken in the basement of the Kintyre church, where we attended the funeral of an elderly neighbor friend of ours, Leo S. I think my favorite memory of Leo was the time when I was home alone and my dad asked me to go check on the cows' water up in the pasture, as it was nearly winter time and sometimes the water hose by the old farmstead froze up. I went up there and, sure enough, the water pipe was froze. Leo happened to be driving around on his 4-wheeler and stopped in the farmyard there to say Hi. When he saw my troubles, he dug his pliers out of his pocket and helped me squeeze and bang the pipe and hose until the water finally came. :) It is so nice to have neighbors!
Anyway, here are my brothers with 3 of our neighbor children who were at the funeral with their parents...
Here I am with Mariah and Josiah. I've known these two little ones all their lives, and it's really been fun to see them grow up and change and learn and....

Friends and neighbors, Tamera and Mother... (and a speck of dust on the camera lens, obviously.)
Andrew, waiting to say "Goodbye" to Gladys, Leo's wife of many years, and our dear friend! (Gladys would come over to our house for tea or just to visit many times every year, and she'd even pay me to cut her hair for her. :) Now she's living in Fargo, so, sadly, we don't see her very much anymore.
My parents...
Oh, and the next few pictures are from cattle working time last month!
Dad, bringing a calf up the ally way...


Mother, giving a shot...

The "Done" calves...


Jacob tagging a calf...

Myself, taking care of the records...

Dad's cousin, Jerome, covering this fella's eyes while Andrew double tags him with yellow ear-tags to signify that he's a bull. (Andrew bought this young bull from me. :) )


And two more pictures, taken sometime in the last month or so. None of us are very good on our instruments, but we enjoy plunking, strumming, learning and having fun together!
That's all folks. Have a good night!

No comments: