- Clean house
- Cook feast--including pumpkin bars
- Get down Winter clothes from attic
- Make lots of applesauce/juice
- Do lots of laundry
- Do evening chores
God's "Agenda" for our day looked more like this:
- Clean a little bit of the house (and be glad you swept the floor yesterday!)
- Cook a quick feast--including pumpkin bars
- Make 1 batch of applesauce/juice--which is still in the juicer
- Do a couple loads of laundry
- Cora: Go to town to put money in the bank and to work the first half of a shift at the nursing home because other people called in sick...
- Mother & Jacob: Spend 4 hours of the afternoon up chasing cows/bulls back in the fence and then fixing the fence. Then, try to drive home, but the Ram won't start, so Jacob, drive your dirt bike back to the farm and bring the 4-wheeler back up to the pasture to pick up your mother and finish going around the fence. But oops, Dad's 4-wheeler won't start, so get your brothers' 4-wheeler out of the Quonset, but first you have to get that big heavy door open. Eventually, you manage to do this task, with the help of a pry bar; shop jack; tractor loader; oh yes, and some muscle power!
Needless to say, God knows the plans He has for us and we just have to follow Him, and be willing to bend!
I'm so glad Sabbath is here though!