Thursday, October 8, 2009

A dream come true~

I have long dreamed of being a part of a wedding and today I found out that my dream is to come true!!!!!! Amanda Dagley has asked me to be her Maid of Honor at James' & her wedding! I am looking forward to November SO much now! :) Before then though, I need to find a nice, off-white cowgirl hat, as the wedding has a western theme, and I don't own a cowgirl hat--yet! ......... I'm just so excited!!! Can you tell?

Today was a special day for another reason--that being that we've now milked cows for 5 years! It surely doesn't seem that long...

One more reason that this was a wonderful day is that we got all of our potatoes, carrots and beets in from the garden and the guys lugged them downstairs. Now we're ready for it to freeze hard.

I need to get up early in the morning to help Mother get ready for her classes, so I'd best get some sleep--that is, if I can quit being excited long enough to drift off to dreamland! :)

I'll leave you with this beautiful quote by A. W. Tozer:

"All we are and all we have is by the love of God! The goodness of God is infinitely more wonderful than we will ever be able to comprehend."

8 comments:

Mrs. E said...

How exciting!!!!! :) Weddings
are so wonderful... I love to plan weddings, make wedding cakes and have been blessed to be in 2.

Being a maid of honor is a wonderful thing you are the Bride's confidant & her #1 assistant in all the wedding details.... ;)

With Much Love~ Miss Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh Cora,
I am overjoyed for you. In my opinion, you'll be the prettiest maid of honor ever!!!
Hugs,
Mom

Kimberly said...

How exciting for you! I know you will take your responsibilities to heart and be a great maid of honor. And it is an honor, isn't it?

Hannah said...

Oh that is SO exciting!!!!! I'm happy for you! I have never been in a wedding, but maybe someday I will...who knows!
My oldest sister had a small wedding and the bank of a river near by. She and her husband choose not to have bridesmaids, groomsmen, flowergirl...ect which is fine, but I still think it would be fun to be a part of a wedding! Have fun finding your cream cowgirl hat!
~Hannah

Rachel said...

Oh, congratulations! How fun! :D I am so excited for you! :D I have been in a few of my cousins weddings, but just as a flower girl or some miscellaneous job in the background (handing out candy canes at my one cousin's receptions. Lol!). :) I was a junior bride's maid in one cousin's wedding, she had the regular bride's maids etc. but then she had junior bride's maids and a junior maid of honor so she could fit in all the little girl cousins she had. :) it was a big wedding! :D

So glad you were able to get all the vegetables in! I bet that was a LOT of hard work all at once! ;D How nice to have all that food put away for winter, it's like little house on the prairie! :)

Love & Blessings!
~Rachel~

megan kristine said...

AWESOME!!!
Me and my older sister and brother are playing music at our aunt's wedding NEXT WEEKEND!!!! We are going shopping today for clothes! =D

~Megan

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

Dear Cora,
That is just so wonderful!
I can just feel your excitement!
You are going to have so much fun!
I hope you can find the right cow girl hat!

A wedding is such joyful and lovely time to be apart of !
I will always hold dear to my heart the day of my sister's wedding. I sang a song on that beautiful day it was the song ''The Rose".

I really like the quote by A.W. Tozer.

Anonymous said...

You dont know me but i found yoru blog and I too have had a prayer answered and will be in a wedding this year!