Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Wind and the Leaves~

by anonymous

"Come, little leaves," said the wind one day,
"Come over the meadows with me and play.
Put on your dresses of red and gold,--
For summer is gone, and the days grow cold."

Soon as the leaves heard the wind's loud call,
Down they came fluttering one and all.
Over the brown fields they danced and flew,
Singing the soft little songs they knew.

Dancing and whirling, the little leaves went;
Winter had called them, and they were content;
Soon fast asleep in their earthy beds,
The snow laid a coverlet over their heads.



The cold weather makes us dance into the house pretty quickly these days! It's so much nicer to be working in the busy kitchen amongst boiling kettles of soup than it would be to join the leaves in their twirling in the breeze~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cora,
Although we had some snow yesterday morning, I was glad that it melted. I agree 100% that it is wonderful to have a nice,warm house to retreat to.
Keep posting such lovely poetry, dear!
Love you bunches,
Mom

Mrs. E said...

Lovely poem!!!
We are feeling the cooler
weather here as well... the
crisp breezes!! *sigh*


Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Rachel said...

HeHe! Loved the poem! So cute! :D It brought me into girlish giggles! ;D Lol! I LOVE fall! It's cooler here too. I am wearing long sleeves most of the time. It's still warm enough not to need a jacket though. :) Ah, *sigh* I love to be in a warm house on a cold day making soup and other goodies to keep us warm. :) Lovely!

Thank you for your comment about my health. That's great that you mom is doing better with the home remedies you have found. :) I would like to look into seeing if there might be something as an alternative instead of the meds. It doesn't cost us anything because of our insurance, but my dad doesn't like the idea that if something happens and he loses his job or something, that we won't have the money to keep me on the medication. So if I had a home remedy to use instead, that would be better. Plus we don't like the idea of being on a medication all my life. :) So I will be looking into that. :) Thank you for your encouragement dear friend! :D

Love and Hugs and Fall Blessings!
~Rachel~