Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My poor baby...

When I got home from working in town a little over an hour ago, I found one of my calves in the kitchen! This sounds bad, but actually it was a very good thing, as my baby is not doing very well and needs some warming up and some TLC! The guys found him in a mud pile, so cold that he couldn't move. They brought him inside and Dad took him in the SHOWER to get him cleaned off and to start to warm him up. Now he's on the kitchen floor and I'm camping down on the floor with him tonight (on a mattress though) so I can keep an eye on him and give him some more milk in an hour...... This calf is a couple days old already, so I'm not sure why he got so down and out, but he is how he is and now I'm/we're just trying to revive him... Prayers would be appreciated if you are up this late and are reading this.


Oh, good news: He just let out a squeaky, pathetic little bawl, so there's hope yet. It's time to go and rub my baby some more. He still isn't quite dry and is very cold.....


(Here are our slumber party accommodations:)

No comments: