Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The short shift...

It is sometimes nice to work the short shift at the nursing home, as I get home at 10:00 rather than 11:00 and am then just in time to join my family for prayers and to say good night. Actually, everyone was busy yet tonight when I got in the house, (Dad: reading "Weeds and why they grow"; Mom: typing an e-mail to a client; Andrew: working on his computer; and Jacob: working/playing on his computer) so I went through Azures' sales catalog and wrote down some items I know we'll order, as we need to place that order in the morning if we're going to get our healthy food/supplies this month.....


My dad hauled some large square straw-bales home today to use in making a windbreak for the cows and their calves. I hear tell that my cow and the twins' mother are both rather on the protective side when it comes to letting you tag their babies! Thankfully, everyone was kept safe and the calves are now sporting shiny new ear tags. One of Jacobs' cows also had a calf today, so he's happy tonight. Spring is such a wonderful, wonderful t-i-m-e, of the year!


I'd best get to bed now though, as I want to get up on time to help with chores, then need to change quick and head over to our neighbors' at 9:00 to babysit their 3 little ones for the day. I love babysitting, and Spring, and babysitting in the Spring.... :)

No comments: