Monday, April 25, 2011

The frogs are croaking tonight...

It was such a lovely day, temperature wise and otherwise too. Dad and Andrew went cleaning grain all day, so Jacob and I (more Jacob than I, actually) checked the cows and then he fed them again tonight while I milked the cows and etc... Mom was busy with clients for a while, but we also made bread and did some outdoor work. Jacob and I planted some watermelon, cabbage, and cauliflower plants (I'd started them indoors) in the greenhouse. It was VERY warm in there (100+ degrees) so we cooled off by spraying some water up on the plastic ceiling and, as the wind blew the plastic up and down (we had a door open a bit), the water would gently mist down on us and kept us kind of cool. :) We worked on some other farm-beautification projects too, but I'll wait to tell you about those things for when I have pictures. Now we're all back together again and ready for a good nights sleep! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

1 comment:

Savories of life said...

Thanks for the lovley comment on my blog. We have had so much rain ( every day since last mOnday) that we have a "pond " in our yard. Ah the sound of frogs and ducks. also Monday night we had one or two raccoons in our garbage ( we have one that lives in a tree near our yard).