Thursday, June 30, 2011

Have you seen fire fly?

When I got off of work tonight, I turned onto the Hwy. and headed for home, only to have to slow down for a deer that was along the side of the road. I sped up again, once I was past it, and then had to slow down again a couple miles further, as there was another deer along the same edge of the road. I went along farther down the highway and saw 50, no, 100, well, maybe several hundred glowing eyes in the field next to the road. I slowed down, in case those deer would also come up to the side of the road, but they didn't, and then it was that I realized they were not deer at all! They were fireflies! We don't see fireflies around these parts too often, but they are definitely all over the place tonight. Closer to home, I passed another swampy area that had thousands of blinky bugs flying over and around it. What an amazing example these beetles are of God's wonderful imagination in His creations!!!



It is hot and muggy in my little room tonight. Windows are also a wonderful creation/invention!



Happy (almost) July everybody----and good night!


2 comments:

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
Good morning, and happy July! :)
Oh the fireflies have been surprisingly abundant around here too. You know, in spite of our own gardens and all it seems like this year is very abundant for wildlife.
I was surprised when a nest of sparrows in our carport had 5 chicks, and they all hatched, and grew up and flew away. For 2 parent birds... that must have meant a lot of feeding. But they did it, with every last one!
There must have been an abundance of food.
I am trully thankful. The Lord Jesus is so Good. :)

Heather said...

It was interesting to see your post about fireflies cuz just lastnight I was seeing a ton of them here too!