Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Murphys arrived...

Around 8:30 PM last Wednesday (how can it almost be a week already???), my mom's cousin, Kristi Murphy and her family arrived at our farm for their Summer vacation. You may recall that last Summer, Kristi and her son, Hristiyan came her for a few days to visit and learn more about farm life. Well, they must have enjoyed their time, as they came back and brought the rest of the family along. :)





We ate supper and cleaned up the kitchen a bit before settling down for the night.





The next day....





Cousins in the kitchen...



My dad let Jason (the Murphys' youngest SON) drive/steer the tractor over to the bull pen to feed the bulls a bale, which he liked quite a lot... :)




Michaeljon and his daughter, Rachel, making good use of the double swing...




Q. What's more fun than swinging on a tall swing on a lovely day?



A. Swinging on a tall swing on a lovely day with friends/family!






(left to right: Rachel, Michaeljon, my dad, Hristiyan, Eric, Jacob, Jason and my mom)



...We had a mini-unofficial-appleseed-shoot, with Dad and Andrew as instructors. Kristi (and Eric too, I believe) had never shot a gun before, so we were pleased with their wanting to learn.




2nd cousins and pals...



The younger guys, checking out the results of the first round of shooting...



Our guys had set up some bales as a windbreak for the cows a while back and they worked just perfect for a rifle range background...



While the others were shooting, Mom and I were busy in the kitchen and with packing and Jason M. was busy catching up on some reading... :) (That's Millie at his feet.)



Thursday evening, right after supper, the Murphys and our family (all except Dad who so lovingly stayed home and did chores so the rest of us could have a really nice vacation) headed for the Dagley farm! I have pictures from that night, but I think I'll save those for another time, as I'm really tired tonight, again. ....Still trying to catch up on lost sleep, I think!






I see that my brother Andrew has done a Prairie Day post, so if you'd like to read/see that, head on over to the Man of Courage blog (on my sidebar).






Sweet dreams~

4 comments:

Carra said...

Lovely Cora, looks like ya'll had a lovely time. :)
It's so much fun to be with family. I'm so happy ya'll could visit!
Much love!

Hannah said...

Looks like you had a wonderfully nice time :)

Are you still working at the nursing home?

Hannah

Jason said...

My sister is actually younger than I am. I'm just short for my age, and she is tall for her age. I am almost 11. Rachel is 9 1/2.

Cora Beth said...

Sorry about that, Jason! When you wrote this, then I remembered that your Mom explained about Rachels' just being tall for her age and that she's actually the youngest in your family. My mistake!
Have a great day,
~Cora