Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Temporary silence coming to a blog near you...

.....near you? That doesn't sound quite right. I guess it would be: "To a blog you read." :)


As our cousins from WI will be arriving here tomorrow evening, there's a good chance that this blog will be quite silent from now until Monday. But do not despair, I/we'll be taking lots and lots of pictures to share with you after all the excitement is over with!

It will be so fun to have our relatives here, as we got to know the mother and one of the sons pretty well last Summer when they came to visit us and our farm for a few days. Now we get to see (and for some of us, meet for the first time) the rest of the family.


This has been a busy and wet day. Busy in the kitchen (chocolate chips cookies, banana bread, bread sticks, and pancakes were made), and wet outside (we received another inch and 60 hundredths of rain this afternoon, on top of the 75+ hundredths inch that came down in the last couple days!) I wonder if we can mow the lawn tomorrow????

Guess what? I finished sewing my dress today! :) Just looking at the dress, it doesn't seem like it should have taken so long to do, but working on it a little here and a little there amounted to a lot of little sewing times which seemed to drag out forever, so I'm so glad that it is now finished, just in time to wear to Prairie Days! PTL!

Front view:
Back view:


A closer look at the top design (which, I think, took longer to design than to sew!) :
...and the bottom quilted strip and ruffle:





So, until we meet again, may God be with you and bless you greatly!




~Cora B.

6 comments:

Carra said...

Dear Cora Beth,
Your dress is just gorgeous. I am so happy for you! It looks marvellous.
Maybe sometime you could share your breadstick recipe with all of us. :) I'd love to see somebody else's.
I hope ya'll enjoy your company.
May Jesus bless ya'll in His Life and Love while you fellowship with others.
All our love to you all!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having a great time with your family. I know what you mean about connecting with relatives again....we went to a wedding Sunday and met family we hadn't seen in 10-20 years. It was wonderful I thank Jesus for that opportunity and pray we were a testimony to them in some way. I love your dress...it does look like it would take some time to sew. :) Its beautiful. Praying for you all!

Dawn Bornemann said...

You are going to be sooooo beautiful in your new dress, Cora--just like usual!
I'm excited now too!
Mom

Miss Linda said...

Oh that dress is *beautiful*!! I know exactly what you mean about a sewing project taking much longer than it should when you can only work on it a little bit at a time--and I also know how long it can take to draft a design.

You did such a nice job and I hope you will feel a wonderful sense of satisfaction in wearing your lovely creation.

I hope you will have a delightful visit with your family and look forward to hearing all about it and seeing the pictures next week (once you have had time to recover)! :)

Hannah said...

Lovely dress! Have a Happy Prairie Days!

Bonnie said...

Hi Cora Beth! (By the way, I think your name is beautiful).

Just letting you know that your blog has been listed at www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com :)