Wednesday, September 7, 2011

An eventful morning...

It was another busy day here. After morning chores were done, Jacob and I headed for the garden to pull a row of beets. We brought them in the house and got them cooking and Mother later chopped them and froze them (the ones she didn't serve for supper.) We ate sweet corn from the garden today too. Delicious! We worked on apples again too...

Dad was cleaning grain today, but I believe the boys went over to Ferns' land to work on hay and wheat harvest again. I worked in town the rest of the afternoon/evening again. One more day and then I'm done there for the week. This weekend, a small town near us is having their annual Threshing Bee, so I hope we can go to that....

I'm really tired tonight and am not thinking of anything else to say, so I'll bid you all a good night and be off to dreamland.

May God bless you all~

3 comments:

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
You were very busy yesterday! We had a lot of painting work to do, and I was quite tired by evening, when we got home. I'm just thankful we didn't get rained out this time! :)

With love and prayers, Carra

The K. Family said...

You are always so busy, Cora! That's very good, by the way, as a real problem in our society today is bored people. Miriam and I were busy yesterday too, we canned 49 quarts of spaghetti sauce.

Shannon said...

Working with our hands is always wonderful. It was a joy to read of your busy day!

In Christ,
~Shannon~