Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Relatively Healthy Fruit Pizza Recipe:




For the crust:

1 1/2 cups melted butter
3 cups flour (I used 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup coconut flour)
3/4 cups powdered sugar (I want to try just using honey here sometime...)


Spread this on a cookie sheet and press down. Bake at 325F degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.


Mix:
16 ozs. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup honey
2 tsps. vanilla
2 tsps. lemon juice


Glaze:

2 cups pineapple juice or other juice (I used our apple juice)
4 Tbsp. corn starch (non GMO, of course :) )
3/4 cup honey


Beat filling ingredients, spread on cooled crust. Combine glaze ingredients in saucepan and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and cool. Top pizza crust and filling with desired fruit. (Grapes, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, kiwi, mandarin oranges, blueberries....) Spoon glaze over fruit; chill.



ENJOY!!!!



PS. I did get bread baked this morning. :)

5 comments:

Rachel Beth said...

Wow, Cora I've never heard of a FRUIT pizza, but this looks so good! I am going to try this sometime! :)

Trust all is well on your side of the world. :)
God bless.
Love you lots.

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
That looks lovely! :) Thank you for sharing that recipe. I will have to try it. :)

I'm hungry... it's early morning, and getting close to time for breakfast. :)

Anyway. I'm so thankful you got the bread made too.

The Lord Jesus has been very Good to me.

With love, Carra

Savories of life said...

I have made it with honey but I add a little less as it will be to runny.

Cora Beth said...

Dear friends~
If you do try the recipe, please let me know how it turns out and if you and your family liked it. :) I'm pretty sure you will!
I'll try making the crust with honey on Friday, using less honey than the amount of sugar called for...
And Rachel, yes, fruit pizza is different, but in a delightful way. :)
Blessings and lots of love to you all,
~Cora

TABC Certification said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe it's definitely a really good reward for my brother who got his Basset Training last week. But still work on the dough first. I'm not really the cook-type but I'd like to do something special for him.