Monday, September 19, 2011

My finger hurts...

...so this won't be a very long post! I guess I cut my one nail too short yesterday. Ouch!

It was a beautiful evening tonight. After Mom and I did chores, I picked some garden produce until Jacob got in from swathing down more wheat. It was nearly dark then, but it was so nice out that we sat on the swings for a while and talked. Then it started to sprinkle a little bit, and I remembered seeing the top door and vent open on one of the grain bins earlier today (the guys have it open when they're running air in there), so Jacob and I went and closed that bin (he climbed up there and I held the ladder for him) and then we also closed another bin further down. It is now raining, so I'm glad we took the time to do that.

Mom spent the morning discing up some of the alfalfa ground "Up North". Andrew baled and Dad made repairs on machinery here at home and then later took over the discing, as Mother had an appointment here at home. I took lunch over to the field and then brought Mom back home.

(My finger is hurting less as I use it more. Hmmmm....)

We have found a new favorite dessert recipe, that being: "Relatively Healthy Fruit Pizza". I actually used parts of 2 recipes and made variations even then (to make it a little healthier) and thankfully everyone liked it very much in the end. :) I made it first Friday afternoon, and it disappeared so fast that I made another one today. I'd be glad to share the recipe if anyone is interested.

I talked to Sarah K. today for a while. (The K. family are our friends who are moving to SC in the beginning of October, on the 4th, I believe.) I will be going down to help them pack for 3 days next week. It will be so hard to have to say goodbye, but I was glad to learn today that they will take the time to come see us one last time on October 1st! :) We've known their family for 7 years now (Lane was my piano/voice teacher when I was a Junior/Senior) and have many fond memories of good times spent together! We will miss them very much, but are glad for them to be moving to an area where they'll have more fellowship with like-minded people.

Well, those were the highlights of this day. Tomorrow I go back to work in town in the afternoon, but hope to get bread baked in the morning first, Lord willing.

If you have a minute and would like to, please hop on over to my friend, Carra's blog and wish her a happy birthday!

May the Lord bless you all with a good night.~

2 comments:

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
Oh... Cora... :) You are such a true friend too. I have been so blessed to get to know you and your family.
The Lord has blessed me more than I could ever deserve.

Thank you Cora. :)

I'm thankful your finger got to feeling better some, and I'm really happy the grain bins got covered, before the rain!

I'm happy the K. family are coming to visit you. I know it's hard to say goodbye to good friends. :( But the Lord is Good, and He will bless.

I pray you will be able to get the bread baked too! :)

With love, and hugs, from your friend in SC,
Carra

Carra said...

Oh and Cora, :) I would love the recipe, if you would like to share it. I'm always looking for healthy foods.
With love, Carra