Sunday, September 4, 2011

Spending time with family...

The guys worked in the shop this morning and Mom and I cleaned the kitchen up; prepared an early lunch; and pressed some shirts for the guys. We ate quick, changed and headed for Mandan to help celebrate the anniversaries. :)

We spent most of the afternoon playing games. At the table I was at, we played Chicken Foot dominoes and Skip-Bo.

Then we ate a very yummy supper together.

Here is a picture of the couples whose anniversaries we were celebrating:
Becky & Dean; Donna & Yatsin (Dean's parents); and Earl & Marly (my grandparents. My grandma and Donna are sisters.)

Everyone enjoyed the cake, although my uncle thought I should have put a pickle on top. :)

We dropped my dads' aunt off at her home around 7:00, then headed for our home to do the barn chores. We just finished watching a "Highway to Heaven" episode....

It was a good day.~

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Cora!
Thank you for the post - it looks like you all had a lovely day! Your cake is decorated beautifully, and it sounds like it was yummy too!
I hope you are having a good day,
With love
from Laura

Carra said...

Dear Cora, :)
What a blessing it is to celebrate special days with family.

It is beautiful and wonderful. The Lord is Good.

I'm sure a pickle would've made an interesting twist to your cake! ;)
With love,
Carra

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good visit! I cracked up about the pickle though. Lol! ;D Hmm, so you have one of *those* grandpa's huh? :) Those teasing funny kind. ;) HeHe! I'm sure everyone enjoyed the cake very much....even if you didn't put a pickle on it. ;)

Love, Hugs, and blessings dear friend! :D
~Rachel~