Friday, September 23, 2011

It's been a beezy day...

After flying around this morning, getting Mother ready to go, things slowed down a teeny little bit. I went out and milked the goats, then Andrew and I worked on getting the stains out of his "New" car's seats. We hope to take it out for a long test drive tomorrow....

Andrew spent the day discing. Jacob spent most of it in cutting our 3rd cutting of alfalfa around the farm here!

Dad had troubles... He is working on seeding the cover crop yet and had a couple of things break on the drill on his last round in the one field. He called me and asked if I could come get him (he was up North on Fern's land, about 15 miles from here, without a vehicle, as Andrew had dropped him off there on his way over to the other fields.) I went and picked him up (he had a nice long walk to the road from the other end of the field) and when we got home, I worked in the house for a while until he got the parts he needed from the parts drill, then I rode back with him to the North field. I had "Shop class" then for the next hour and a half or so. :) We eventually got the drill back in working condition. While helping Dad, a giant bumble bee flew into my hair and stayed there for a while. Perhaps he liked the raspberry conditioner I use in my hair? At any rate, he wasn't leaving and so I closed my eyes as Dad used a wrench to brush him out of my hair. Not too long after that, a little honey bee came buzzing too, but thankfully he just stayed for a brief time and then went to find a more promising flower. :)

After Dad was going again, I drove the pickup home. It was 5:00 by that time, so I had to quickly get the house cleaned and supper prepared. I made a meatloaf; stir fry; deviled eggs (Jacob helped with those); milk shake; and a cake for dessert. I was alone for chores, but Sally behaved herself and the goats were in their fence, so all went well there. When all the guys got home (around 9:00), we ate our supper and watched a movie. Later, Mother called to say she was heading for bed. The journey to Winnipeg went very well, thankfully, and the first bit of class was good too. I pray she sleeps well in a strange bed tonight....

Well, the boys and I hope to go to the Alfred churches' Harvest Of Thanks in the morning, so I had better get to bed so I can get up and milk the goats when Andrew goes out to milk his cow, Sally.

Sleep well~

PS. Happy Autumn!!!

1 comment:

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
What a day you had! :) Well. I guess ours was pretty busy too... especially with the lovely ride(s) April and I had on the tools in the back of the truck, seeing our van broke down the other day.
Hmm... maybe I should do a post on that. :) April was thinking about it, so we'll have to see.
With love, Carra