Friday, September 9, 2011

Supper time!

I was going to write my daily post now while waiting for the guys to get home for our weekly feast, but they just pulled in the yard now. It's been a long and productive day, (Dad cleaning grain, then helping the boys in the fields and Mom and I doing some thorough house cleaning and food preparation) and we are all very much ready for a day of rest!

But it's not bed time yet! We have Lasagna and Yum Yum Brownies to dine on first, perhaps in very small portions....... :)

(I guess I have a couple more minutes to write yet, as they need to carry in our years supply of honey. My dad took several empty 5-gallon pails to our local beekeeper a couple days ago and had him fill the pails. We traded him some of our beef for his honey. :) )

I'd better go make sure Mom is still awake....

3 comments:

Hannah said...

is she?

Cora Beth said...

...she is now! :)

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
That is nice. I pray that y'all are blessed. :)

With love...
Carra

PS. Oh, by the way. A lot of times our honey turns to sugar. It's hard to get it out of the 5 gallon buckets to warm it up, slightly.
Do y'all ever have to worry about that? We usually just heat the jars slightly, but it's a little harder in the buckets.
Blessings!