Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm back at last...

...after a rather long, unexpected break--from everything. Why, you might ask? Well, it was due to a little bug named "FLU". :( I had it the worst. Mother had it too somewhat and the guys had/have colds. I quite literally spent 4+ days on the couch, missing 2 days of work in town and also a babysitting date.


Yep, this is pretty much how I felt: God has His reasons for such things though, I know, even when we can't see them!

Thankfully, we are all feeling better now, except for my dad who just seems to be coming down with a cold now. He and the boys were over by Spirit Wood all day, working on disassembling 2 grain cleaners that they bought. They are located in an old elevator, so the guys had some shelter, but it was still cold I'm sure and so very dusty in there. My dad's cousin, Jerome helped them for the day too... They plan to go again tomorrow.

I'm not even sure what all went on around here while I was sleeping the days away. I guess if it was anything earth-shattering, then someone else will have to shatter the earth and tell you about it.

It feels good to be back! The Lord is so good.

3 comments:

Carra said...

Dear Cora, I'm so sorry to hear you've been so unwell... but the Lord is a Mighty Healer and is always so Good.

I do pray the Lord continues to bless you in His Will and Way.
Carra

Anonymous said...

Hello Cora,

I thought you had died. That would be bad. Good to hear you are still around! I just love the picture.

Another two grain cleaners!!!!! Wow, how many do you have now? Would that be six?

What's the weather up around you like? It is around 28 degrees here. Do you have lots of snow? It was supposed to snow here today, but it has not happened yet. We went sledding on Saturday. On Sunday we
went snowshoeing, but they were strapped on poorly.

-Hristiyan

Cora Beth said...

Thank you for your prayers, Carra!! We are all mostly well now, with the boys being just a little congested yet.

Hristiyan! You made us all laugh by your comment---thinking I'd died and that that would be bad. :) I agree with you, as I like being alive!
I've honestly lost track on how many grain cleaners we now have. You're probably pretty close though. One of these 2 cleaners is for parts and the other I think Dad wants to put on his rig.
The weather here has been absolutely lovely, for this time of the year. We do not have much snow at all, maybe an inch. I've never tried snow-shoeing before, but it sounds fun and a bit tricky! I miss the hills that we had at our other farm. They were tremendous for sledding on! Everything is so flat here, but that's nice too, for other reasons.
Anyway, it was great hearing from you. :)
Stay alive yourself,
~Cora