Monday, January 9, 2012

Was she serving me tea???

That is the question that was running through my head while I was playing piano this evening and saw (out of the corner of my eye) my mom entering my room, mug in hand. Something seemed suspicious! Then, my dad came in too, something clenched in his fist. Mother set the mug on my piano and Dad reached over and---plink, plink, plink, plink----dropped 4 quarters in. They said they really enjoyed my playing and wanted to show how much. How special was that? :)

Mom and I spent a good portion of our day (finally) working on our annual family newsletter. I was trying to pick a few pictures out of the hundreds we have and Mother was trying to write about this very busy year. We're about a third done, I think...

Dad loaded out 3 loads of hay to go down South and then also loaded a load for our own cows and brought that home.

Andrew went to Napoleon this morning, but spent the rest of the day working in the shop with Jacob and catching up on some computer work (looking up how large District #28 is, etc...)
Oh yes, we also put some "Ron Paul for President, 2012" bumper stickers on various vehicles of ours....

If you think of us tomorrow, please pray for safety for all, as we're going to go help some friends work their bull calves. They'd planned to have it done before this, but Mr. K had got banged up while they were separating out the cows/calves to wean them and has sore ribs, so hasn't felt up to working them. We just recently found out about this and offered to help them. Hopefully it will be as lovely outside tomorrow as it was today!!!

I'll try to get a few PICTURES too.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww, that's such a sweet thought about the quarters! :D I hope to be able to listen to your lovely piano playing someday! :)

I'm praying for you all today as you head out to help with the calves!

Have a blessed day!
Love, and Hugs,
~Rachel~

Cora Beth said...

Thank you for writing here, Rachel!!! :) Thank you so much for your prayers too. We were all kept safe, for the most part. There was a time when Mrs. K. could have got run over by a very wild calf, but God helped her to get to a gate fast enough and she was safe. PTL!!!
Hugs back to you and hope you have a lovely weekend,
Love lots,
~Cora