Friday, November 4, 2011

Day #4...



Tonight, we had a delicious feast of chicken and stuffing; black olives; chips and home-made dip; and ice cream for dessert. It was an early birthday celebration meal for my brother Jacob (whose birthday is tomorrow, by the way!)


We also had a pretty tasty meal at noon, as we had company (my dad's cousin, Jerome came and bought some more hay from us.) We ate a noodle/hamburger casserole; buttercup squash with apples and caramel sauce; mulled apple-cider; and doughnuts for dessert.


With all the tasty food being cooked up in the kitchen, I decided my post tonight would be about how thankful I am for the abundant food the Lord has blessed us with, especially at this time of the year!


Oh yes, then too, there's the apple butter that's cooking down in the stove tonight.... Mmmm mmm! Anyone hungry?



......."Taste and see that the Lord is good!" :)

1 comment:

Carra said...

Now Cora... that really just isn't fair. Tempting us with all this food in the early morning hours. ;)

And of all days, it's a day to town, and one when we'll just have a quick bite before we go. :) Humph...

Well. After all... I'm so thankful for the food we have. :) And it's really special. At least our toast is home made! ;) Praise the Lord Jesus for His Goodness. He is Bread to our Spirits, and Life within us. I am so thankful to know Him. He is my Everything.

Thank you for the lovely post. I've got to get ready to go to town now. May the Lord give you and your family a lovely day today.

Your friend, Carra