Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day #5 of what I'm grateful for....

This is an easy one!

Today, I am especially thankful for my brother, Jacob! We spent the day celebrating his (now) 16 years of life. :)


I should clarify "We" for you though. "We" stands for my dad, Jacob and I, as Mother and Andrew went to Fargo for a certain event that I'll let them tell you about when they have time. They left very early this morning and will probably get home around midnight tonight.


In the meantime, "We" had fun, watching Jacob's favorite movies and eating Jacob's favorite foods and doing chores so Jacob didn't have to! It was a lovely day...






Just now, I went back 3 years in my photos that are stored on this computer and smiled when I saw how much younger we all (especially my brothers!) looked. Can you believe it? Jacob was actually shorter than me at that time! :)



3 years makes quite a difference, doesn't it?


Annnnnyway..... Here are a few very recent pictures:


This is what Jacob's supper plate looked like last night...


Andrew, making funny olive-eating faces while Jacob opens one of his gifts...


And here is what Jacob looks like, now that he's 16 years old:

(That green tape-measure on the table there was one of his presents from Andrew...)


"Happy birthday, LITTLE brother! I remember the day that you were born (and when you turned blue!) and you have grown and changed in so many ways since then... I hope this was a special day for you and that the Lord has much joy planned for you in the future... Love always, from your sister."

2 comments:

Carra said...

I'm very happy you all had a lovely day, Cora. I remember my 16th birthday was a very happy one, with my family... but my last one was very special indeed.

Yours, Carra

The K. Family said...

Happy birthday, Jacob! The girls and I are enjoying your thankfulness posts, Cora.