Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"Cora.....Cowa....Dora....Coooooowaa......Corrrra......"



Those are the many variations of my name that I responded to today while caring for 13 small children over the coarse of the day (4 of them were school-aged, so came later in the day on the bus.) :)

Several of those little ones sure know how to melt my heart! For instance, one of the little girls (who is just starting to talk now) kept coming up to me, looking up at me with big brown eyes; pacifier in mouth; hair in a pigtail, reaching her arms up towards me. Who could resist such cuteness? Not I!

Then, one of the little boys came and plopped himself in my lap while I was on the floor playing with them. What joy! There were some not-so joyous troubles to work through too, naturally, but we all made it through the day without anyone getting seriously injured. :)

I'm guessing the guys worked on Andrew's car and maybe the tractor today? I don't really know.

Mom got unpacked and settled in at home again. Then she had a client come out this afternoon.

Life here on earth is good, but I especially thank the Lord for His precious gift of eternal life, as that is even "Gooder". ;)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Good Morning Miss Cora Beth!

It was so nice to have you stop by my blog. I haven't had a chance to visit for awhile...so I enjoyed catching up on what your family has been up to!

These children sound so darling! That little craft (ornament) that I shared on my blog might be something that you could do with them...they could glue a picture on the wooden circle or perhaps paint or stencil a little bell or wreath or tree or ??? Just an idea.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...don't work too hard!

Sweet blessings,
Mrs. Laura