Friday, December 30, 2011

Wet shirts...



I spent a pleasant portion of this day over at our neighbors' house, babysitting 2 of their 3 children. After the noon meal was over, Amelia and James pulled up a chair by the sink and helped me wash the dishes again. :) All 3 of us came away with wet shirts! Children are so precious....

When I got home a little before 5:00, I was set in front of another sink, this time to scrub, no, not dishes, but potatoes and carrots for our supper. :) Then I made a batch of pumpkin bars while Mom cleaned the bathroom; Jacob swept the floor and Andrew scrubbed it. We were quite the busy crew! Mom and Andrew had been gone for most of the day in Bismarck (delivering items that we'd sold on BisManOnline and thrift-shopping, oh, and hanging up some posters about the next informational how-t0-get-back-to-the-constitution meeting being held in Bismarck on Jan. 3rd.) Dad was gone loading out some more hay for buyers, so that left Jacob at home for a while to do some cleaning and schoolwork.

It was a good day----and it is STILL brown outside, mostly!

1 comment:

Carra said...

Children are indeed a gift from the Lord. I smile when you share about their little fumblings. :) I have always so much loved children.

Love Carra