Thursday, May 5, 2011

5 less gophers...

It was nice and sunny out this morning so, when Jacob and I had finished the chores, we hopped in the Ram with our 22's and went out for some gopher hunting time. We take turns shooting and then keep "Score". It went something like this:

Cora: Shot 1 bullet, got 1 gopher
Jacob: Shot 1 bullet, got 1 gopher
Cora: Shot 1 bullet, got 1 gopher
Jacob: Shot 1 bullet, got 1 gopher
Cora: Shot 1 bullet, missed 1 gopher (a long shot--no scope on rifle)
Jacob: Shot 1 bullet, got 1 gopher (a long shot--with a scope on the rifle)
Cora: Didn't see any more gophers
Jacob: Didn't either!


After we exhausted our gopher supply for the day, we returned and Jacob watered the greenhouse plants while I mixed up a batch of bread. Later, I headed for work in town, and Jacob kept the place going here, as Mom was in Bismarck and the other guys were, yes, cleaning grain.

When I got home, I had a note from Mom laying on my laptop. It said, "Cora, guess what" on the front, and the back side of the paper read: " Uncle Wallace told me that Grandpa's house sold!" What good news!

Well, that's all the news I have from today, other than that the evening nurse tonight (a new friend of ours) sent home some strawberries for my mom for a Mother's Day gift. :)

Sweet dreams!

No comments: