Thursday, April 26, 2012

I made some Spring pie!

Jacob helped me, actually, by cutting up the fresh rhubarb I'd picked.     Do I hear anyone saying "Delicious"?  ;)

Jacob also helped Mom and I today by spreading a large spreader-full of manure on our garden area and then working it in!   We'll wait a few days to plant yet, as there's talk of snow tomorrow night.  Yes, SNOW.

Andrew came home tonight, due to the high likelihood of rain tomorrow.  It's good to have him home!

We kept the turkeys in the house today as it was actually pretty cold out (coverall weather)...   God sure made versatile weather here in ND----80 degrees one day and 40 degrees tops a couple days later.

Jacob's calf, Tyler escaped on us overnight and we had to go in search of him this morning to feed him his milk.  He was actually out with the main stock cow herd!  We weren't sure we'd recognize him, but when we walked out towards the herd, a black calf came towards us and started sucking on Jacob, so we knew we'd found him.  :) 

Well, I'm off to dreamland......  Dreaming of eating rhubarb pie for breakfast................

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Cute story about the calf. He wants to be with the herd but knows where his food comes from.

Rhubarb pie is my favorite! But I don't eat sugar anymore so I won't be able to have it. Still it is nice to hear that others are enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love rhubarb pie but ours won't be ready for a while yet.
Miriam K.

Dawn Bornemann said...

Did you have rhubarb pie for breakfast? ;)
Mom

Cora Beth said...

Mother---Yes, I had half a piece. :)

Miriam---I love it too---it might even be my favorite, although it's hard to choose, as I really like cherry pie and chocolate pudding pie too. Hmmmmm....

Kimberly---Our rhubarb pie was actually made with honey only! Everyone really likes it too... I'll try and share the recipe here so you can give it a try if you'd like to. :)