Friday, April 27, 2012

Recipe for Elegant Rhubarb Pie

Give this special Spring pie a try!

This is my B. Grandma's recipe, although the recipe calls for sugar and I substitute honey....

MIX:
1 1/2 cups sugar (I use a little more than 3/4 cup honey instead)
2 Tbsp. flour (heaping Tbsps. if the rhubarb is juicy---which it is this time of year!)
1/4 tsp. salt

Then mix in:
2 Tbsp. soft butter
2 eggs

Add:
4 cups rhubarb (peeled and cut in pieces)

Mix all this together and put in pastry lined 9" pie pan.  Cover with top crust.  Slit and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.  Bake 'til done (I bake mine at 350F for 45 minutes).

You'll probably want to at least double this recipe, as this pie quickly disappears!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds good and easy. I will have to try it.

Carra said...

Rhubarb doesn't grow so well in the heat we have here. :) But I remember from years ago when we were in ohio, that we enjoyed a rhubarb strawberry pie. :)
I would love to have some rhubarb again. And your pie sounds delicious!

Blessings!