Sunday, July 12, 2009

Grandpa's party...

Well, today was another long day for the Bornemann family! We spent the biggest part of it at my grandpa Earl's 80th birthday party, visiting with relatives. I had lots of time to take pictures, so I have plenty to share. :)


Here are some of my cousins' children playing ball...

Andrew had a little audience participation when he brought out his banjo...

Brothers and sisters visiting...

Andrew drove his remote-controlled car all over the lawn and all the little people chased it around and around...
These are my Bornemann grandparents (and the cake, of course!)
....And here they are joined by their 3 boys: Barry (oldest), Ronald (youngest), and my dad (middle-est!) and Ronald's wife, Bev and my dad's wife, Dawn, of course. :) Uncle Barry's wife had stayed home to take care of their dogs.

This is my cousin, Darby, tickling her nephew...
...And this is my cousin, Tessa, trying to keep her youngest, Mason, out of the pop-cooler!
These 2 sisters are my cousins, Jason and Amanda's children... and the girl on the right of the picture is Darby's daughter.
After a little while, Grandma got out these building blocks that all of us cousins used to play with when we were little. We were surprised at how good of shape they are still in, considering the kind of stress we put on them!
Grandpa's big present came from his wife--- It was a brand new laptop computer!!! My uncle, aunt and cousins got him some games to play on it, so we'll see how he likes it. It would be really nice if we could convince Grandpa and Grandma to get it hooked up to the Internet so we could send pictures that way and e-mail them, but we'll have to take it one step at a time. :)
After supper, we headed over to my grandpa Delzer's house. He has been asking and asking us to come take all of Grandma's clothes, so we decided that this was the day. It was hard--especially for Grandpa and my mom, but now it's done. I'm going to keep some of my grandma's shoes, as our shoe size was the same. Mother hasn't decided yet what she's going to do with all of the clothes... We found an old dress that my great grandma had sewn for a Centennial celebration, so I'm going to keep that. Then, Mom found a wooden box full of pretty handkerchiefs that were hers when she was young. She said I could pick out my favorite one (or two) to keep, and after trying to decide for a while, I finally picked this one: We got home a little after 9:00 and headed for the barn right away. We just finished with family prayer time a little bit ago and the rest are in bed already, so I should head in that direction too!

No comments: