Sunday, July 26, 2009

Heat wave~


It reached about 90 degrees here today--one of the warmest days we've had all Summer here in ND. The weather this year is so strange, but we're not complaining about the cooler days at all. It really makes haying much more pleasant!
Mother picked this Zinnia from the garden yesterday and I thought it was so pretty that I took a picture of it, and, of course, as long as I have a picture of it, I might as well share it with you here. :)

Our day was spent in doing odd jobs around the place. My dad and Jacob got our Merry-Go-Round set up again (now that the lawn's established around it.)... I hoed our little garden across the road... Mother got a package and some letters ready to go out in the mail and took care of other things that needed doing... The guys worked on Andrew's new pickup quite a bit--fixing the seat; removing the decals and trying to find what was wrong with the window. Oh, Andrew has posted pictures on his blog now of his pickup, so I guess it's safe for me to post some on mine now as well. :) Here it is:
Andrew worked many, many long hours cleaning grain this Spring and we're all so happy for him to have a pickup of his own now! God worked it out so well---that this pickup was very close by and was a reasonable price and everything...
I took this picture from the back seat--as we were getting our first ride in Andrew's "New" wheels.
This is a picture of the inside of the pickup--plus some of my family members. The seats are in really good shape and, even though the previous owners both smoked, it doesn't smell at all in there. :)


Tonight, shortly after we had headed out to do the evening chores, we had a surprise visitor... My dad's cousin, Jerome (from Jamestown) was on his way to pick up something in Napoleon and thought he'd drop in to say hi. He visited for over an hour, so that was nice.
I just thought I'd give you a quick update on Lewis, my calf. He has things pretty well figured out now and, as soon as he sees me coming with his bottle, he starts licking his nose! He is SO cute, but then, I think all babies are!

No comments: