Monday, November 23, 2009

The difference a year makes...

For some reason, tonight I got to thinking about the difference that one year can make....

I went back into our November 2008 picture file and found some pictures that really made me realize what has all transpired in one years time!!!

For example:

Last year at this time, Grandma Erdie was still with us and was doing well.... In April, she passed away quite suddenly.


Last year at this time, I was still taller than Jacob by a bit! Now we're about the same height (and he's the proud new owner of a drivers permit!) I wonder how this following year will change things? :)
Last year at this time, Millie was a rambunctious puppy who didn't know the first thing about manners. Now, she knows to stay out of the parlor while we're milking and is learning to control herself in other ways--like sitting still for a few minutes... (A big improvement!)
...And last year at this time, Amanda was still a single girl, with no notions of being a married woman the next time the Autumn rolled around... No notions that she told me about at that time anyway. :)
I guess this all proved to me once more the need to appreciate each and every day that we have--with people and things exactly as they are at this time, because change comes whether we want it to or not...
"Lord, teach me to number my days!"


~Psalm 90:12
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah, yes, looking back... :) My brothers were both MUCH shorter last year! ;D Lol! I didn't know Andrew was THAT much taller than you though! Wow! :) Nathan isn't that tall yet. ;) HeHe! I can still "look down on him" if I stand on my tip-toes. ;) Lol! (well, almost).

It always amazes me how thing change, even just in a few months! Looking back you think, "where did the time go?" I still feel like yesterday I was a little girl playing with my friends without a care in the world. :) Adulthood seemed sooo far away. ;) Yes, each day is important...we take that for granted too much sometimes. :)

Well, Have a Happy Thanksgiving dear!
Love and Hugs!
~Rachel~

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

My brothers have grown alot too!
How the time does fly!
As a child the years seemed to go by so slow. Now the
years go by so quick! It sometimes make me sad to think of things that are past and other times I find alot of joy in all the memories!

Keep smiling at the future!
Have a happy thanksgiving!
~Grace

Hannah said...

This year has went by SO fast for me.
It hardly seems like long ago that me nephew turned 1 and now just yesterday he turned 2! He acts so much older too... I liked all the pictures. Especially the one of you and Amanda! :)

(((HUGS))) to you and a hearty "Goodnight!"

<3 Hannah