Thursday, November 19, 2009

How fast can you memorize 11 names and the faces to whom the names belong?

That's what I asked myself several times this afternoon when I called a child by another childs' name....... Oops....

But, let me explain.

A friendly lady, who runs a daycare in her home, called me a while back to see if I could help her for a day. (One of the neighbors I babysit for gave her my name...) It didn't work out that time, but she called again a couple nights ago to see if I could help her today and tomorrow. This time, I had time, so I spent 10:45AM to 5:00PM today at her house, learning the ropes of taking care of 11 small children--all at the same time. We sang together; tossed bean-bags together; snacked together; I watched them take their naps; and I read stories to them... Two of the wee people don't quite walk yet, so they were really fun to hold--except the one who needs hearing aids was a little more difficult, as you had to be careful when you held her so her head turning against your shirt didn't pull the hearing aids out!

Tomorrow afternoon, this lady will be attending a meeting with her husband, so I'll have the little ones entirely in my care for a few hours. (Prayers would be appreciated! :) Thankfully, most of the children are well behaved, and, the one who isn't, I have the option of calling his grandparents at any time and they'll come pick him up...

I do enjoy being around small children very much, so it was an enjoyable day!

There are still things I'd like to write---mainly about Mother and Jacob's accomplishments, but I really need to get some sleep and don't want to hurry over it, so hopefully tomorrow night I'll have more energy to write about that......

No comments: