1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups w. w. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
1 cup raisins (you can also make these with chocolate chips for a special treat)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat together butter, sugar, and honey until creamy
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded Tbsps. onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen
You can also make this into a bar cookie: Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 9x13" metal baking pan.