Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just like the olden days...

I woke this morning to no running water in the house.  My dad found it out in the middle of the night, I guess, and had gone outside to try and figure out what was going on.  He determined that the well-water-pump-motor?  had gone out, which meant the cows had no water either.  He called our plumbing friend, Jeff M. and he and his son, Erin came out this afternoon and pulled up the old water pipes and pump and replaced everything.  We had running water before dark.  PTL!  It is still murky and yucky, so we're not drinking it yet, but maybe the cows can drink it by tomorrow?  For today, the guys loaded up the big water-tank onto the white truck and filled it across the road (once they got that thawed out), then hauled it over and filled the cows' water tank so they'd have water for the day. 

It's amazing how we take things for granted when all is working as it should!  I can't count how many times I went to the sink today to wash my hands and got nothing.  We actually used our outhouse today!  :)  Just like we would have in the golden olden days....

No comments: