Friday, September 11, 2009

A beautiful baby shower~

What a lovely afternoon my mom, brothers and I spent at the Geiger home today!

Mrs. Geiger had made this cute baby carriage out of a watermelon and some other fruit... Isn't it sweet?


Then, Molly had gotten the idea for this colorful and tasty bouquet on-line and decided to give it a try. It was so pretty--with the 6 different kinds of grapes and all...
When we first arrived at the Geigers, we were very surprised at who we found at the kitchen sink--Paulette E. from the Turtle Mountains! When my mom was very ill a couple years ago, she went up to Paulette's health center for 18 days--not sure if she'd pull through to make it home or not. It's a long story, but she did make it and we're very glad. :) Anyway, Paulette's a special person to our family!
Jacob went outside and played for most of the afternoon with his friends...
My dear friend, Miranda (left--holding a friends' baby) and I (right) had a little time to visit with each other. :)
Visiting some more...

Molly had also made these adorable cookies...
Here is the happy grandma, (although the baby she's holding isn't her granddaughter!) We were surprised to find when we got home that nobody took a picture of the baby--but perhaps that was because she was being passed around the room so much that it was hard to keep track of her?

Ahhhh.... Finally a picture of the pretty mama, Mariah (left), with her dad standing next to her; Paulette once again; and her mother on the floor... Andrew took a picture of the proud papa (Dusten) too, but I think my brother may want to post that one himself.
It was such a lovely day--visiting with old friends and meeting many new ones! Of course, the opportunity that there was to hold babies helped to make the day a very delightful one for me too. :)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm glad you had a nice time! I like baby showers and bridal showers.My favorite baby shower that I have went to was for my sister when she had her first baby. Me and Grace got to go help set everything up! I think that is what made it so fun!

Rachel said...

Aww, what sweet and tasty decorations! :D I think I may have seen that fruit bouquet online too! Lol! ;)

Ha Ha! Oh, well, at least this baby is sweet! :) I am sure the other baby was too! :D I just love babies!

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

The two fruit arrangements are beautiful and yummy looking. what a good idea! I'll have to keep it in mind for the next baby/bridal shower around here.