Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The inspector is coming in 10 hours!

Once a year, the Organic certifying agency we are with (International Certification Services) sends an inspector out to our farm to make sure we're doing the things we're supposed to be doing. :) She is planning to be here tomorrow morning and the visit/inspection usually takes several hours, as the inspector and my dad (and sometimes my mom) will have to drive around to our different fields, some of which are 20 miles away from our farmstead. Even though we follow the rules and recommendations for farming organically and sustainably, everyone always breaths out a big sigh of relief when we've "Passed" for another year. :)

Today, some of our friends from North of Bismarck came to our place to buy some organic corn from us for their chickens' feed. Unfortunately, the G.s were delayed for a while and I had to leave for work in town before they even got here....

It rained again this afternoon, which was good for the garden and crops, but not so good for all the hay that the guys have been cutting down. Now we're back to praying for sunshine again!

Well, I'm very tired tonight and want to get up earlier than I have been in the morning, so I'd best post this and hit the hay, so to speak.

Sweet dreams~

1 comment:

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
I will be praying for the inspections to go well. And also for sunshine for ya'lls hay. I know how it feels worrying about it.

I know what you mean about going to bed late... I've been doing that too much lately, and yet still getting up at 5 or 5:30, and it's very draining that way.

Anyway, may the Lord bless you my friend, love Carra