Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A long day...

I did the morning chores before heading over to care for "My" little girls again.  Tracy Jo is changing so much in just a few days time!   She pulls herself up on everything and once this afternoon, she'd grabbed onto my skirt and pulled herself up to standing position, then let go for a brief second and was standing by herself for the shortest moment before grabbing on again.   Johanna is so fun too...  When she woke up from her nap, after greeting me, she says "Where's Tacy?"  I told her that her sister was sleeping.  She proceeds to say in a loud voice, "Tacy, where are you?"  It wasn't long before Tracy wasn't sleeping anymore....

After arriving home a little before 6:00, my mom headed out to do the chores and asked me to make an omelet, so I did that and set the table (and cut some more watermelon).  The guys all came in then (except Jacob was already in, as he's battling a nasty cold and has been resting a lot the last 3 days) and we ate quickly, then all (except Jacob) headed for Hazelton, to listen to Mr. Brown from MT give another constitution class/talk.  We visited for a few hours after that with those who came, and some friends gave us a tour of their body-armor-manufacturing shop, which was very interesting!  We could have hit a few deer on the way home, but didn't, and now we're heading for bed.  :) 

I don't work away from home tomorrow, so am hoping to make some jelly from a certain kind of fruit that I picked yesterday.  Anyone want to guess what kind?

4 comments:

Paula McGrew said...

Did you pick raspberries? We have sa patch of everbearing raspberry bushes, and I've been picking the second harvest for a couple of weeks now. The chickens and goats got into the patch last night, so I'll have to see how many berries are left later today. Last night after work I made four gallons of apple cider and need to tackle a batch of apple butter next. Have a good day and have fun making jelly!

The K. Family said...

Wild plums? At least their abundant around here right now.

Dawn Bornemann said...

I see that you have one correct guess, Cora. :-)
Mom

Cora Beth said...

Thanks for the guesses! It was wild plum jelly that I made. :)
Paula, I hope the goats and chickens didn't make too much a mess of your raspberry patch! We're having troubles keeping our turkeys away from the house, as they're not scared of us and just go round in circles if we try to chase them. They also want to sit on the vehicles, so I'm not sure what we're going to do with them?
We like applebutter here too! I made several quarts and canned them to enjoy later. :)