Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Garden harvest...

 
My dad hauled grain today for a farmer, then worked on his semi when he got home. 
Andrew worked in the shop on projects, and also fixed the hydrant down by the barn so it stops spraying water everywhere, plus, he cut off the extra rope on the swings and melted the ends with a torch...
 Jacob helped Mom and I a lot with garden harvest.  We filled one dehydrator with basil and one with parsley...
 I transplanted a couple of ivy plants and my banana plant I had out in the greenhouse (things that wouldn't over-Winter out there) and now my room should have more oxygen in it.  ;)
 We pulled/dug out all of our onions today and put them on blankets on the deck to cure for a few days...
 We have way more crookneck squashes than we know what to do with, and the patty pans did pretty well too...
 I raised Anasazi sweet corn this year.  This is what it looks like (these will be for seed)...
 The cucumbers in this picture will also be for saving seed, as well as the broccoli pods on the left side of the picture (they're still on the stems).  The acorn squash are for eating...
 We had more parsley than would fit in the dehydrator, so we dried 2 pans of it at a low temp. in the oven for a couple hours...
It was a good day!   I don't have a picture, but Jacob and I also put up some snow-fence by the fence that is behind our volleyball court so that the ball quits rolling through when people, um, miss it.  ;)
  Tomorrow, I get to go see how much "My" little girls have grown since I saw them last!!!

No comments: