Sunday, October 14, 2012

Potatoes, carrots and beets...

We dug, pulled, twisted and tugged these vegetables out of the garden soil this morning and afternoon.  Jacob helped me a lot this afternoon actually, as my mom and Andrew went to the auction sale of a couple we know.  My dad went to the sale this evening to help afterwards, as Andrew called and said this couple had asked for help and said the sale would be going late tonight and then there was cleanup to do, so the 3 of them are working on that. 

Meanwhile,  Jacob got Sally in from the pasture for me then I milked Sally and he did the other chores, including bottle-feeding Sally's calf once I had enough milk squeezed out to fill the bottle.  Sally's giving approx. 3 gallons per milking now.  :)    Then, we played ping-pong for about an hour until we were hot and tired and now, we're on our computers....

No comments: