Monday, October 1, 2012

Gas-less truck...

My mom decided to ride along with Jacob up to the pasture to deliver the load of water to the cows.  Just before they left, I handed them my cell phone, just in case.  About 45 minutes later, I received a call from my cell phone, saying that they had run out of gas on the way home and could I please come pick them up.  And so, I did.  We were out of gas here at home too, so my mom went to Napoleon and filled 3 gas jugs and put money in the bank.  When she got back, it was noon, so we ate our lunch before heading up to bring the truck home, while Jacob headed over to the Hazelton land with the combine that he'd just greased and fueled up.  :)  Sadly, after putting the gas in the truck, the battery went dead, so we weren't able to bring it home after all.   When my dad got home from hauling 1 of the 2 loads of grain he hauled to Steele for a farmer, he said he'd deliver the next load of grain, then head over to Hazelton with the truck to combine.  They'd take a sample of corn to the elevator, then if it was dry enough to harvest, one of us would need to come get Jacob.  SO, it was dry enough and my mom was resting, so I went and picked up Jacob, brought him back home, then he and my mom (who was awake and doing laundry by that time) went and "Jumped" the truck and brought it home.   Oufta. 

This afternoon, my throat started getting really sore, so I decided to go to bed early and get a good nights rest.  Ahhhhh...

No comments: