Thursday, July 15, 2010

I didn't even realize it...

This evening, while tending to an elderly gentleman at the nursing home, he surprised me by saying I reminded him of his mother. When I asked in what way, he replied:
"She was always singing or humming while she went about her work too." I didn't even realize that I had been humming. :)

It was another busy morning here (and I'm sure the rest of the day was busy as well on the farm, although I don't know what all transpired, yet.) Andrew and I put up some electric wire and let the goats out on some grass/weeds. Up to this point, we'd been feeding them alfalfa hay, but now their hay bale is all used up and the loader tractors aren't around, so we'll have to put up with strange tasting milk for a while... ..."Would you like some Wormwood flavored milk with your granola this morning?"

I'm still in the process of getting my room resituated in my spare moments. I really like how it's turning out and will be sure to take a picture once I have it done.

Well, it's nearing midnight once again here on the prairie, so I'd best wish you all a good night and get some rest.

"Good night, sleep tight and pleasant dreams to you,
Here's a wish and prayer that every dream comes true,
And though it's always sweet sorrow to part
I know you'll always remain in my heart.

Good night, sleep tight and pleasant dreams to you,
Here's a wish and a prayer that every dream comes true,
And now 'til we meet again---
Adios, au revior, auf weidersehen.....Good Night! "

No comments: