Monday, June 22, 2009

...And still more pictures...

I hope I'm not boring you with all of these pictures from Saturday, but I think certain people who are in the pictures will enjoy seeing the photos of themselves--and other friends who weren't able to make it will enjoy seeing what they weren't able to witness first hand. :)

The first picture I'm posting today is of Hannah S. holding David & Susanna's baby, Clementine. Aren't they cute? :)

Here Mr. Dagley was making some announcements...

In this picture, I am doing a Sauerkraut making demonstration... (Yes, Virginia, I did sew this dress--several years ago.)
...and here's another picture of the same demonstration. The "Kraut Cutter" I'm using was my grandma's and it really makes the cabbage-shredding job easy! I had a good helper, a little fellow named Isaiah, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of him helping.

This picture is of the Photo Shoot area. You can see all of the costumes hanging on a rack in the background. The one table was full of ladies' gloves, and the little girl who's trying a pair on seems to think they're a might big for her!

This is my dear friend (of about 6 years), Susanna Dagley. She was in charge of the Photo Shoot, although several of her sisters, friends, and I helped her...

Here Susanna is holding her second child, Clementine, whom you've already seen in a previous picture...

Amanda Dagley and Martha S. are posing together here...

...and Amanda and MaryAnna (Susanna's sister) are too. I told MaryAnna that she looked like Mary Poppins when she held the parasol a certain way, and then she posed again and I got this funny picture. If the wind had been a little stronger, she just might have blown away too!

This is Rose (another one of Susanna's sisters,) getting a little girl ready for her picture...

During a lull in the picture taking time, Susanna asked me if I'd like my picture taken. I said yes, of course, and was going to just have her take my picture in the outfit I was wearing, but MaryAnna wanted to dress me up, so we had lots of fun. After the girls got me ready, Susanna took me around to different trees and got different angles and poses. The girls brought me different accessories too and we had a great time! I just love old hats...
...and parasols!
Meanwhile, several of the guys gathered around this pickup to talk about motors and other interesting (to them) things like that...

For over an hour in the afternoon, there were several line dances to participate in...

...and there was even time to learn how to square dance!Here Andrew is showing how our corn sheller works...

The ladies took some time for an enjoyable tea party under the trees...

Mother took this picture of the Stover girls and I. (It was so great to see and visit with you both there!!!)This picture was taken while the horse training demonstration was going on. Everyone was plenty happy to take a break in the shade!

This is a happy aunt and tired niece... :)

Hmmmm.... These pictures are not exactly in order, as the Lumber-Jack contest came earlier in the day than that last picture!

These next two pictures show Andrew and his good friend Jonathan B. together...



Here Peter B. is sitting on the log to keep it from moving...

Jonathan S. and Andrew trying their hand at sawing the wood apart...

Some girls got in on the fun too!



This pair seemed a little mismatched to me, but I guess they got the job done eventually...

Here's my brother Jacob--taking his turn...

After the choir sang several songs together at supper time, our family did a puppet show that Mother had written. (Thanks so much to Mr. Dagley, Ben, Amanda, James, Charis & RubyAnn for helping us get set up and for holding our mics and notes, etc....!) It was pretty windy and our "Stage" kept blowing back and forth, but overall, I think it went OK and we heard lots of laughter coming from the other side of the sheet. :)
Well, I still have several pictures that I could add here, but I think that you have a pretty good idea now of what this years' Prairie Day was like. One young lady whom I met and who was attending P.D. for the first time told me, "This has been one of the very best days of my life!" Perhaps some of you will be able to join us next year for fun at the Dagley farm too!?!?!

Oh, one more thing... If you'd like to read a little more detailed account on the events of the day, you can head over to my mom's blog at: http://dawns-hope.blogspot.com/. She also posted some pictures that I didn't... "MORE PICTURES?" you say? Yes, more pictures! :)

No comments: