Friday, June 12, 2009

Cake and popcorn...


Today was a very busy day--in the fields; at home; and in town... Dad and Andrew worked in the fields almost the whole day, (although Andrew helped with barn chores). Mom and I worked in the garden a couple hours this morning before it was time to make lunch. I decorated a cake for a surprise 80th birthday party a lady's giving her husband. We cleaned the house. Then, from 7:00 to 9:00, Mom and Jacob and our neighbors worked in Napoleon, selling pizza, popcorn and pop at the 4H booth. They said most people just bought popcorn and then had to come back for water later! I'll just post 1 picture here, as this is more Mom and Jacob's story than it is mine... Here Tamera, Olivia, Jacob and Sophia are on duty:


I thought I'd also post a picture of the cake I made, as I'm certain that the guy this is for doesn't read my blog, so it should be safe! He is a farmer and doesn't have many other interests, so I decided to make a sunflower cake. The notes are because his wife said he really enjoys listening to music...

My dad should be home soon now for supper, so I'll post this and make sure the casserole is ready~

1 comment:

*~Virginia~* said...

what a beautiful cake!!!!!!!!! :) mmmmm, I'm hungry now!!!:)