Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pictures continued...

The first picture here is of Mr. & Mrs. Dagley--our host and hostess. It's not a really good picture of them, but it's the best one I have of them together and I wanted to post at least one of them here... Thank you Dagley family for all that you did to make this year's Prairie Day another very memorable day! I hope you all had a sweet day of fellowshipping together today as well...
Saturday was filled with things to watch and do, but people still found time to visit with friends!
If you look closely in this picture, you can see a giant walking away from the group of people...
Mother asked me to get some pictures of the tables during the evening meal...
...
This young lady suddenly showed up--wearing the exact same dress and necklace that Amanda Dagley had been wearing earlier... Hmmmm..Shortly after I saw the lady above, I noticed this young girl whose flowing locks looked strikingly similar to the above said lady. Hmmmm again... :)
Another "Friends" picture...
I really like this picture... (I made sure I got Andrew's permission to post it before I added it here!) Apparently, the grill was not working and Andrew and Jonathan Dagley were trying to figure out what the problem was. They did get it working after a few minutes of looking...
This was the food line... It was moving pretty slow, so I decided to take a short trip over to the white tent to get a picture of...
...the Bartletts!
I took this picture for a certain friend, as I thought she might like to see what her sisters looked like that day, as she is currently in Texas and was sad to have to miss Prairie Days...
The stilts were a popular item throughout the day...
Here's a pretty princess...
Here Ben Dagley and Andrew are carrying our corn-sheller to the spot where the demonstration was to be held...
Many young folks enjoyed the trampoline that had a rope swinging above it to swing on...

Here's Mother B--busy in the "Kitchen"...

This is a picture of the rope-making-machine...

I know I posted other pictures similar to this, but I have a bunch of them and certain people are in this one that weren't in the other pictures, so I'm adding this for their benefit. :)

Then someone had to be creative and find a new way to make things more difficult...
Well, I still have lots of pictures I'd like to post, but I'll give you an update on our day here and add more photos tomorrow (Lord willing).
We all slept in a bit this morning, as we were all pretty tired from our long and happy day. After morning chores, Dad, the boys and I went up to the pasture to move the cows to their next cell. Dad and Andrew moved the cows with their dirt-bikes while Jacob & I fixed the fence (it had to be spliced in 7 or 8 places!), and we amazingly finished our tasks at about the same time. We headed for home--to the good meal Mother had prepared for us. The afternoon was spent in the shop for my dad and Andrew; Jacob & I mowed lawn for 4 hours; and Mother worked on inside things and then in the garden for a while. This evening, we decided to watch a movie to celebrate Dad on Father's Day (and the first day of Summer!) My dad picked "Hot lead and cold feet" which, even though we've seen it several times, still makes us laugh. Mom popped a bunch of popcorn; I ground some of it up for popcorn cereal; and we all had a fun and relaxing time.
The end~

2 comments:

*~Virginia~* said...

wow, sounds like so much fun!!!!!
I lOVED all of the pictures!! Thanks so much for posting them!
I love the picture of you in the green dress!!! ITs so pretty! Did you make it yourself?

Cora Beth said...

Thanks for the comment, Virginia!
Actually, the green dress belongs to a friend of mine and was the one the girls chose for me to dress up in at the Photo Shoot. I'll be posting more pictures from that time of day later... :)