Monday, June 15, 2009

Hooray!

...God held the rain off long enough tonight that my dad was able to finish planting in the fields!!! He brought home 5 Peppermint York Patties to celebrate. :)
We worked on a lot of odd jobs today around the house and the boys worked in the shop quite a while. Andrew also started writing his "Thank yous", and has a goal of getting several of them written out by Saturday, as he'll be able to hand-deliver several of them to friends at Prairie Days. By the way, I've been meaning to write about Prairie Days for a while now, but was too much in the graduation mindset to do so before, I guess. I'll try to write about it tomorrow, as perhaps some of you would like to join us there this year? It's a day/2 days worth of fun, fellowship, and learning that our family looks forward to for months before hand every year!
But, back to the telling of our day... One of the jobs Jacob & I worked on was picking; de-leafing; peeling; slicing; bagging and freezing rhubarb. We have a LOT more rhubarb to pick, but this is how much we picked to start with:

Did you know that Rhubarb-peeling spirals make pretty, temporary decorations? Anyway, I think they do. :)

We had 30 hundredths of an inch of rain overnight and our goslings loved the puddles they found all over the yard today! I can't believe how fast they're growing up... They still somehow manage to crawl under their mother's wing for the night though.

Well, that's a bit of what our day was like here. Every one is happy tonight----that the seeds are in the ground and that the weather man is predicting rain for the next couple days!

I just remembered that I said a couple posts ago that I'd write more "Later" about our fun time at the celebration in Napoleon. But, as that's old-ish news already, I think it will suffice to say that we really enjoyed the large parade (there were over 200 entries!) and especially liked the 3 bands that went through! It had been a long time since we'd seen or heard a live band, so it was really a surprise to see that many bands there... I really wish I'd remembered my camera, as I could have gotten a lot of great pictures that day, but I didn't remember it, so there's no use in crying over un-photographed-events, right? :)

And now, it is bedtime once again, so I'll wish a good night to all, and to all, a "Good-night!"

1 comment:

*~Virginia~* said...

hahaha!!!! Those rhubard shavings look really nice!!!!!!!!!!