Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Beautiful babies~

Our barnyard was a bit noisier tonight than it was this morning, as there were 8 more hungry mouths to feed! Yes, you guessed it... We bought 8 little calves at the sales barn in Mandan... Since it was just Mother and I who went to town, we were wondering how we were going to get the trailer backed up to the loading place for baby calves. As there was nobody around to help at the time, I said I'd give it a try. After 2 tries, I was still 4 feet away from where I was supposed to be and too much to the right, so I was very glad to see a man coming to help us just then! He was very kind and backed the trailer right up to the building on his first try. :) He was a true gentleman and loaded the calves for us pretty much by himself, as we were in our good clothes and he said he didn't want us to get dirty.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures I took tonight of our new babies:

This one is so cute and is my favorite, but he is very rambunctious and I had to try to get his picture about 5 times before he finally ran up to Millie and held still long enough for me to snap a non-blurry picture of him!

New calves are so fun...

...and slurpy!

Here I am getting the milk ready for our darlings...
Well, that was our excitement for the day! Now we just need to keep them all healthy and kicking...

1 comment:

*~Virginia~* said...

awww, they're so CUTE!!!!! How everything goes well with them, and they're really healthy!!!!