Friday, December 11, 2009

Just in case you'd like to join us on ice...

...I thought I'd give you directions to our rink. :)
All you have to do is:
Drive through these corn stalks;
and follow this winding trail;

and you will soon be at our ice rink! Yes, it's that easy. :)

My brothers and I whizzed through house-cleaning today so that we could take advantage of the beautiful weather (20 degrees ABOVE zero!) and do some ice skating. We had to clear the ice off again, so we got a bit tuckered before we even started skating... This is what Andrew does when he's tired:
Jacob was very pleased to have made a point in our hockey game this time. :) It was he and I playing against Andrew--and we lost, but had fun. :)

Oh, and did you know that hockey sticks work really nice for writing in snow? The results almost looked like Calligraphy to me...
When we weren't outside or cleaning the house, we were visiting with a man who came out to our place to buy some farm products and then also visiting with a neighbor lady who stopped in for a gift-card (for Mom's business) that she'd like to give to a friend of hers.
Also, Andrew finished up with his order of Prairie Day DVDs that the Dagleys and their friend are buying from him to give to their friends this holiday season. Andrew spent a lot of time conglomerating a bunch of video clips and tons of pictures to make a nice, 50-some-minute long Prairie Day presentation movie--with cute music and everything. :) Here's just a sampling of it--the trailer that he made a while back...



Well, I'd best head for bed. Here's wishing all of you a good nights rest and a lovely weekend!

"I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me." ~Psalm 3:5

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Hello Cora!
Very nice post! The snow looks cold but FUN:)! I wish we had snow too! Great pics!

Enjoy your snow!
God bless
love Rachel*

Cora Beth said...

Thank you for commenting, Rachel!
I'm curious, do you EVER get snow where you live? I don't imagine so, but I just wondered if it's ever happened...

Have a lovely day~
Cora

Mrs. E said...

Dearest Cora Beth~
What glorious snow! :)
I am sure you are soaking
up many toasty fires this winter.

Bless you dear friend!

Love~ Miss Jen

Anonymous said...

Dearest Cora,
I LOVED your directions to our rink, but I SUPER LOVED the picture of Andrew taking a break from pushing snow off of the ice. It is a big job and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to help you this time, but you know SOMEBODY has to keep the home fires burning. :)
Happy Sabbath sweetie,
Mom

Rachel said...

Hi Cora!
I've never seen real snow except in the distance on top of mountains and one unusually cold winter we a very light sprinkling of snow in the early hours of the morning. It was an event!!:D Unfortunately it didn't last long and melted very quickly. :(
God bless.
Rachel*

Hannah said...

Oh I would love to come and join you skating! It seems so simple to get there... I think I could do it!!
It looks like all of you have fun at your prairie days! I love Amanda's old fashioned dress!
~Hannah

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hello Cora Beth,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I have enjoyed looking around on yours. Wow, North Dakota........ and I thought it was cold here! :>) I guess you have heard of "Cora Beth" on the Waltons? That was my first thought when I read your name! I love unique names.

Cora Beth said...

Thank you one and all for your kind comments!!!

Miss Jen~
I agree--the snow is lovely!

Mother~
Thanks for keeping the home fires burning, so to speak, so that we could go skating!!! We, as you know, had a fun time. :)

Rachel~
I can't quite imagine life without snow. :) The cold white stuff has its advantages (namely, beauty and sledding) but it also makes barn chores harder to do, so it's a mixed blessing. Still, I love living here!

Hannah~
I'm so glad my directions were easy to follow. :)

I was impressed that you picked Amanda out of that picture without ever having met her! Great observing...

McKenzie Elizabeth~
I enjoyed hearing from you!
My parents actually weren't thinking about the Waltons when they named me--they just liked how the two names went together. When I was a couple months old though, someone brought it up that that name came from the Waltons and then they thought that was pretty neat. :)

Hannah said...

Me and Grace were having fun finding people in there that we have seen on your blog! I think the people that we thought we also recognized Jonathan Bartlett, Mr and Mrs. Dagley and maybe James but we were not sure!

Unknown said...

Wow, Lots of comments!

For those of you wondering who is all in my Prairie Days Trailer, I have now added anotations showing the names of the prominent people... Just click on the above video to view it in YouTube, and make sure annotations are turned on. (Bottom right corner of the video player)

Andrew B,
Director/Producer
ARB Productions

PS. I will be offering the entire DVD production for sale on my blog in the near future, so keep posted...