Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We need to get up early, so....

....This will be short!


It was very cold this morning (20 below) and the water pipes in the heated milk-room had froze a bit, so we had to thaw them out with warm water for a while before we could even start morning chores. Brrrrrr!

The rest of the day was spent in usual household duties--pretty much. I did dig out my paperwork for my year-end analysis with my cattle loan and got started on that. I also made bread (the slower, healthier way) and it took until 9:00 this evening to rise to the point where we decided it was high enough to bake. :)

Tomorrow, Mom and we 3 younger Bornemanns are headed for the city to run around and do errands all day. Thankfully, going to the library is on our list, so that part will be enjoyable!

Before I go, I wanted to direct your attention to our friend, Peters' blog to see the very amazing things that he made out of one block of wood this afternoon... It's really neat!

Until we meet again~
Cora

4 comments:

Hannah said...

That is cold! I agree, BRRRR...! What sort if bread is it that you made? I would be interested in hearing how you made it!
Have fun at the library! Have you ever read "The Bronze Bow"? You might like it! I got it at our local library, yours may have it too!
Good night!
~Hannah

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

Good Morning Cora!
That is so cold!
Have a nice time at the library. It is always so nice to get new books in the winter time!
I'm am reading the last one in our stack right now and I hope we can get more on sat.( that's when we go to the Market) the snow is really deep here and the tep. is 12 That is really amazing what P. made! Enoch has been wanting to make that too!
Have a good day
Talk to you latter!
~Grace

Rachel said...

Cora,I can't imagine weather this cold! -20 degrees!! If it drops to 0 degrees celcius or a degree or two less, we think it's TERRIBLY cold!!

Keep warm :)
Rachel*

Cora Beth said...

Dear friends,
Hannah~
Thank you so much for the book recommendation! The library did have the book and I did get it and I am almost half way through it... :) (I had a little time to read while my babysitt-ees were sleeping...)

Grace~
It sounds cold there too!
That's neat that you already knew about making miniture furniture sets like that... I'd never even heard about something like that, so thought it was really neat.
By the way, do you have a book recomendation for me too? :)

Rachel~
Keeping warm in ND is sometimes a chore in itself! Right now, it's warmed up quite a bit and is 17 degrees (Fahrenheit) above zero... It was so nice that the boys went out ice skating. :)

Thanks to you all for your thoughtful comments!!!

Sweet dreams~