Monday, August 29, 2011

...and the work goes on...

We miss our young friend, Hristiyan, but the work goes on... Mother, Jacob and I took him up to meet his grandparents in Steele early this morning and I just heard from him that he made it back to WI safely. :) (Hope you sleep really well tonight, cousin!)

Our dad cleaned grain all day again and finished up that job. Andrew worked on one of the combines most of the day and then drove it home this evening. Jacob cut down more wheat. Mother and I worked on laundry; dishes; cooking; chores; she did a session for a client who came to the farm; and I sewed a bit. It was a good day. I'm feeling better too, (praises to the Lord!) so felt a little more like doing things around the place.

I'll leave you with something to ponder, something a friend just shared with me:

"You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future!"


"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
~ Matthew 6:34

1 comment:

Carra said...

Dearest Cora,

I am so thankful that the Lord has the future in His Plan. I am eager to see what it holds, but it truly does no good to worry or fret over it! :) I love Jesus so, and I praise Him for wanting to care for me.

I know your lives must feel a little emptiness where your cousin was for this short while. Just pack those memories back in the bookshelves of your mind, and keept them there. It is so precious to have young relatives around. :) And older ones too, of course! ;) I just love children, even when they are growing up, and I always desire to do my best to help show them a beautiful Light in Jesus so they can personally choose to follow Him completely as they grow up.

May the Lord use you in all you do.
Yours,
Carra